Monday, March 1, 2010

Social bookmarking and me

Social bookmarking is a very critical tool for students and information users of all ages. It allows us to keep and save important information and useful Web sites / tools that we find on the Internet. Social bookmarking sites also allow us to share and find other the Internet Web sites that other users find important.

I use social bookmarking for professional use more than personal. Most personal sites are saved to my desktop bookmarks, whereas the sites I find professionally critical are saved to my del.icio.us site at http://delicious.com/GibsonEDU.

I would ensourage my students to also use del.icio.us to save the Web sites and online applications that they would like to share with others or recall for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment